Why Buy Memorable Pets and Believable Babies?
- Our adult appropriate criteria for Memorable Pets was developed with input by geriatric specialist Paula M. Taliaferro, MGS, LSW. Paula's credentials include Education Consultant- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging; Program Facilitator- Central Ohio Alzheimer’s Association since 1995.
- Rachael Wonderlin, MS, provided input for the criteria of Believable Babies. Rachael has a masters degree in Gerontology and is Memory Care Director for a senior care community in Pittsburgh. Rachael also has a blog at www.dementia-by-day.com Her blog is very informative and inspiring.
- Memorable Pets and Believable Babies provide loving comfort, a sense of security and purpose, and are a therapeutic tool for nurturing and play.
- We realize the strong connection between people, their families and household pets. We know from experience, how hard it is to give up a live pet when the time comes because a loved one cannot care for their pet anymore. A plush Memorable Pet can help significantly with this situation, especially in mid-late stages of Alzheimer's disease. Caring for a realistic looking Believable Baby supports the need for a sense of purpose, to love and be loved that develops in mid - late stages of Alzheimer's.
- Memorable Pets and Believable Babies meet all US federal safety standards for institutional use, including ASTM F963-07 & ASTM F963-11.
- We "pay it forward"...10% of proceeds from regular priced retail sales on this website, goes to support Alzheimer's care and research!