Buddy Pets...Bonding Grandchildren with Grandparents:
Double the impact and buy two identical pets! Give one to a younger person such as a grandchild, and the other to the adult with dementia, such as a grandparent. We support this concept by offering a $5 off code coupon which just about takes care of your shipping costs! Use this code upon check out: POP5N
Buddy Pets is a great way to create a special bond when visiting. Often times children are afraid when visiting a loved one with Alzheimer's disease. The loved one has changed from the person they once knew. Buddy Pets often times makes the transition easier for the child.
Our concept is of a grandchild and a grandparent sharing a twin Memorable Pets! With Buddy Pets, when they visit, they have a something FUN to talk about and share with each other. The pets become a prop and a conversation piece making the visit more enjoyable for both.
BACK UP PET
You may also use this coupon for buying two identical pets and using one as a BACK-UP PET, in case your loved one's Memorable Pet is misplaced. We utilized this idea with our "Mom" because she became anxious when she misplaced her Calico Memorable Pet cat. Her nurse asked us to provide an identical cat as a back up, just in case! Use this code coupon upon check out: POP5N
Who Purchases Memorable Pets?
- Family members such as spouses, friends, siblings, children and grandchildren
- Professional caregivers
- Assisted Living Communities
- Memory Care Directors on Special Units for Activities
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Adult Day Care Organizations
- Hospice organizations
- Anonymous donors through our Pets 2 People program
- Corporate sponsors through Pets 2 People
- Animal lovers through Pets 2 People
Buying and Giving Tips
- The criteria for Memorable Pets and Believable Babies was developed with input from experienced geriatric specialists and they meet all US safety codes for institutional use, including ASTM F963.
- Our products are for mid-late stages of Alzheimer's disease.
- Our pets are breed specific, but the breed may not be as important for people with Alzheimer’s. The color, size (Memorable Pets fit nicely in an adult lap), and softness of the plush pet are often the most important features. You may consider duplicating a pet color that your loved one had a long time ago or duplicate the type of pet they have always wanted.
- Before giving a Memorable Pet, you may want to write your loved one’s name with a permanent marker on the rear tag of the pet or purchase a pet collar and have the owners name added to the collar. If living in an Assisted Living care facility, you can request that the Memorable Pet be labeled with the owners name as they might a piece of clothing.
- When actually handing the Memorable Pet to the person with dementia, ask them "what do you think of this?". They will let you know fairly soon, if not immediately,if they like the pet. If they seem uninterested, hold onto the Memorable Pet and try again at a later date. Don't give it away or dispose of it! The disease will progress and as it does, the strong need to nurture, love and be loved will increase and continue to do so.
Quantity Discounts & Bulk Purchasing:
We give special discounts for professionals buying in quantities for their programs. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote.
Note: If you place a multiple pet order and a note pops up saying we don’t have the inventory … please email us at email@example.com. We very well may have the stock and we just need to adjust the product inventory in our system so it will take your order.
Bulk orders of 20 pets or more will receive a 20% discount off the entire order! If you are considering a bulk purchase order, please email me at Bettina@memorablepets.com and I will personally contact you and handle your order.