Double the impact and buy two pets! Give one to a younger person, such as a grandchild, and another to an elderly person, such as a grandparent. Buddy Pets a great way to create a special bond. Start shopping!
Who Purchases Memorable Pets?
- Family members such as spouses, siblings, children and grandchildren
- Professional caregivers
- Anonymous donors through our Pets 2 People program
- Corporate sponsors through Pets 2 People
- Hospital gift shops
- Animal lovers through Pets 2 People
Buying and Giving Tips
- Our pets are breed specific, but the breed may not be as important for people with Alzheimer’s. The color, size (Memorable Pets fit nicely in an adult lap), and softness of the plush pet are often the most important features. You may consider duplicating a pet color that your loved one had a long time ago or duplicate the type of pet they have always wanted.
- Consider purchasing two of the same pet so that a back-up pet is always available. A pet can become misplaced or lost, especially for loved ones living in an elder care facility with other Alzheimer’s patients. We have free shipping for sending two at a time.
- Before giving a Memorable Pet, you may want to write your loved one’s name with a permanent marker on the tag or bandana of the pet. If living in an elder care facility, this will help the nursing staff keep track of their Memorable Pet.