We are so… proud of Michela Paradiso of Upper Arlington Heights High School, near Columbus Ohio!!! She worked on her Capstone Senior Project for over nine months! Her topic was Alzheimer’s disease and Memorable Pets. She researched the topic of how a realistic looking stuffed animal can help someone with mid-late stages with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
Her Capstone Senior Project included:
- A fifteen page research paper
- Raising over $1100 through friends and family to purchase the Memorable Pets.
- Placing around 45 Memorable Pets in two Elmwood Community nursing homes in the Tiffin Ohio
- Following up on the recipients each week after they were given their Memorable Pets
- Raising $90 for the Columbus Alzheimer’s Association
- An awesome TV interview which aired in Toledo, Ohio
- Producing a product which was a heart wrenching, inspirational video on Alzheimer’s disease and her experience with Memorable Pets
- Taking the grand prize of $750, which she has already talked about giving it back in the form of a fund raiser to help those with ALZ !
Michela inspires all of us here at Memorable Pets to love one another and to always be grateful for all our blessings! We all know Michela will follow her dreams and live life to its fullest! She will live out her God given potential with compassion, integrity and grace.
WE LOVE YOU MICHELA AND WE WILL MISS YOU! Sincerely, Caldonia the Calico, Sonny the Collie, Grace the Pomeranian, Jessica the Black Lab, Jimmy the Pug, Vivi the Golden Retriever, Phil the Schnauzer, Hope the Himalayan, Opie the Orange Tiger cat, Sarah the Cocker Spaniel, Margo the Grey cat, Doug the Dachshund, Frances the Australian Shepherd, Joel the Border Collie, Willie the Weimaraner, Mike the Husky, Sam the Saint Bernard, Georgia the Maine Coon cat, Kelsey the Springer Spaniel, Joseph the Chocolate Lab, and of course Michela the Labradoodle.